1. If Water Bill is not paid by the due date a late fee of 10% of total amount due will be added to the bill.
2. All Water Bills must be paid IN FULL by the 15th of each month or service will be discontinued.
3. If service is discontinued, Bill must be paid IN FULL in addition to a $25.00 reconnection fee before services will be restored.
4. If service is requested to be restored after normal business hours, an additional $40.00 After Hours Service Fee will be assessed to the account.
MONTHLY FEES Water Rate-Minimum Bill (0 to 1,000 gallons) $16.00 Water Rate-Per 1,000 gallons after Minimum $4.25 Garbage Fee $18.85.
GARBAGE SERVICE Garbage Service is provided through Advanced Disposal. Thomaston Waterworks performs the billing services for the garbage in the Town of Thomaston.
Mail - P.O. Box 276, Thomaston, AL 36783
In Person - 154 Main Street, Thomaston, AL 36783
24 Hour Drop Box - 154 Main Street, Thomaston, AL 36783
RULES AND REGULATIONS
These rules and regulations are established in an effort to provide dependable service to our customers at the lowest possible rates. They are intended to provide the allocation of costs for service to the recipient of the service.
1. Bills for water will be issued monthly. While every reasonable effort will be made to ensure that every customer receives a bill for services rendered, the responsibility for delivery rests with the U.S. Postal Service. It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that the Water Department has a current mailing address and telephone number.
2. All charges for water service and garbage fees are due and payable when billed. Office hours are 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday, except for holidays. A 24 hour drop box is available at the Town Hall. A one-time deposit of $100.00 will be charged for each account that is established in our billing system.
3. Thomaston Waterworks shall not be liable if the supply of water should be interrupted or fail by accident or by any other cause whatsoever. Plumbing code requires a water shut-off valve on the customer's side of the water meter. Please locate or install a water shut-off valve to isolate your house in case of an emergency. It is also the customer's responsibility to ensure the premises where service is being requested is in proper condition to receive water service. It is the recommendation of Thomaston Waterworks that someone is present at the time service is turned on. Please have all faucets and other fixtures in the off position. Property damage that may result from the provision of water service is not the responsibility of Thomaston Waterworks.
Superintendent of Water System
Certified Water Operator